The Goeller house is a George Barber – designed house in Klamath Falls, Oregon built by John Goeller around 1905. It is from the cottage catalog number 2, design 56
John Fred Goeller
||Jan. 22, 1860
||Apr. 14, 1935
John Fred Goeller followed his carpenter trade in Ohio and Nehama County Kansas, came west, with his wife Alice and son Harry, in 1890 and contined his trade in Santa Rosa and Alameda, California until 1891 when he purchased a half interest in the A.M. Peterman planing mill in Linkville. In 1896 he became the sole -storyowner and later erected his own two-story mill in the same locality. This he operated with his son Harry, under the name of J. Fred Goeller and Son, until his retirement in 1926. He belonged to the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Lodge. An automobile accident in front of his home on Riverside Drive resulted in his death on April 14, 1935.
John Fred Goeller was the son of Johann Michael Goeller born Germany settled in Ohio in 1852. There Michael Goeller married Anna Barbar Wucherer on April 16, 1857. They had five sons and a daughter.
John Fred Goeller married Alice Zua Sawyer September 1, 1887 in Harden City, Finney County, Kansas. Their son Harry was born in Kansas, and three more children were born to them in Klamath Falls, Fred L. Goeller, Hazel M. (Orem), and Barbara F. (Sowers).
The Goellers built a house at 234 Riverside, they moved into a house next door while they built the big house.
John Fred Goeller Family links:
Alice Zua Sawyer Goeller (1868 – 1954)*
Harry Elmer Goeller-July 18th 1888, Kansas
Hazel Maude Goeller-September 2nd 1894, Klamath Falls
Barbara Frances Goeller-November 4th 1895, Klamath Falls
Fred Lawrence Goeller-September 8th, 1907
*Point here for explanation
Note: bur Apr 17, 1935 see: Alice Burial:
Linkville Pioneer Cemetery
Plot: 10-2-2 IOOFCreated by: jeanie sawyer
Record added: Jul 15, 2008
Find A Grave Memorial# 28303342
House ownership information:
Summer 2016 – Currently listed with Action Realty http://www.anitamatys.com/Klamath_Falls_OR_listings/E5447F6B-DFE1-F4AA-4C761E8F5831D66F.shtml
December 2015 – Sold to US Bank in Sheriff’s Auction.
2013 – House was owned by Tamara Kay (Beach) (Caillouette) Taylor, who purchased the house sometime around 1995 with her then-current husband Conrad Caillouette. Their submission request for the National Historic register has quite a bit of information about the original owner, it can be viewed here.
2001 – Beach-Taylor Wedding at Goeller House
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2001 12:00 am
Tamara Kaye Beach (formerly Caillouette) and Charles Ray Taylor exchanged wedding vows Oct. 13, 2001, at the bride’s home in the historic Goeller Mansion in Klamath Falls.
Phil Studenberg performed the double-ring ceremony. The bride was attended by Tawnie Taylor, daughter of the groom. The groom was attended by Cody Taylor, his son.
During the ceremony, the bride was accompanied down the aisle by Clint Taylor, son of the groom. Honored guests were Adelaide Brown of Ashland, the groom’s grandmother; and Leona Hawkins of Coos Bay, the bride’s grandmother.
The bride, daughter of Alice Virginia Beach of Oregon City and step-daughter of Robert Burback, is a 1978 graduate of West Linn Senior High School. She attended Clackamas Community College and Hawaii Business College. She is employed as executive administrator of Winema Inn.
The groom, son of Sandra C. Rapp of Ashland and step-son of Chester Rapp, is a 1973 graduate of Ashland High School. He attended Southern Oregon State College and Pacific University. He is employed as vice-president of business resources at Jeld-Wen.
2001 – Goeller Mansion open house Sunday – December 14, 2001
Charlie and Tamara Taylor will open the doors to their Victorian Goeller Mansion located at 234 Riverside for their fifth annual open house from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. Sunday. Cookies and cider will be served.
The house is included on the National Historic register. Fred Goeller started construction of the house in 1900. He owned a sawmill in the area that now includes Veterans Park. Construction was finished in 1905.
The Taylors started restoration in 1995, adding electricity, plumbing, heating and new roofing.
2002 – Historic home open to visitors
Posted: Thursday, December 12, 2002 12:00 am
Visitors to the Goeller historic home open house this Sunday will enjoy holiday sweets and music and step back in time to earlier Christmases.
The public is invited to come from 5 to 9 p.m. to the cream-colored gingerbread house at 234 Riverside Drive.
Owner Tamara Taylor has decorated rooms with themes in the lovingly restored Queen Anne/Eastlake-style home, built by planing mill owner Fred Goeller between 1900 and 1905. The home is opened to the public once a year as required of houses on the National Historic Register.
In the parlor are Santas, more Santas, and the family Christmas tree. The dining room features angels sparkling in candlelight, and the library has a brigade of nutcrackers marching on a shelf around the room. Antiques donated by the Goeller family and purchased by Taylor recreate an earlier era throughout the home.
A work in progress since 1995, the restoration took some major steps this year, one of which is all new wiring. French doors now open from the dining room onto a deck. Insulation was blown into the walls, a first in the home’s lifetime, and Taylor, her husband, Charles, and his two teen sons now have a real kitchen, completed just two months ago.
Taylor is encouraging visitors to bring a donation of a can or two of food which will be given to the Klamath/Lake Counties Food Bank.
Listed for sale through John L. Scott in May 2008 for $949k, pulled from market 11/09 after reduction of price to $748k a few months prior.
2008 – House left vacant
Charles Taylor and Tamara Taylor Moved to Florida sometime in 2008. It appears the owners held an auction as there are some items still inside the house with price tags on them. Some pieces of furniture sold to Little House Antiques (they still have one table) http://littlehouseantiques.homestead.com/
2010 – Death of Charles Ray Taylor
Charles Ray Taylor, “Charlie,” age 54, passed away unexpectedly at his home in Tampa, Fla., on Jan. 12, 2010.
2015 – Sherriff’s Sale and Purchase by US Bank